Thursday, October 1, 2009

Culture

The crowd went wild as the Detroit Tigers hit another home run. As I looked around, I noticed that people were eating hot dogs, and popcorn, wearing the tigers t-shirts, and cheering as they stood up out of their seat. This was a normal baseball game, here in America. Baseball is a huge part of the American culture. It is the oldest American sport, dating back to about 1869. Another huge part of our culture is music. Many teenagers express themselves through the music they listen to. There’s pop, rock, country, alternative, oldies, and much more. Cars are also huge in America. Many people enjoy taking care of their cars, and driving them around to show off. American culture is sports, food, music, cars, and most of all diversity.

Even though I am American, I have my own culture too. For instance, my great grandmother was 100% Native American. So, I am about 13% Native. I am also French and German too. As you can see, I come from a variety of cultures. My family and I celebrate many things in many ways. For instance, every Christmas that I can remember, I’ve always helped my mom make her famous peanut butter balls. Licking the spoon when we’re done is the best part. Also, on Christmas eve, my sisters and I always open one gift from my mom and dad. Another family tradition is going up north every summer to Ludington, Michigan. We spend a week up there camping. The weather is always beautiful, and everyone always has so much fun. Everyone has their own personal culture. And that is why America is so great, everyone is different, and everyone is special in their own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment