Thursday, February 25, 2010


“Come on, wake up”, my Dad whispered quietly as he tried waking me up out of the deep sleep I was in.

“No”, I moaned.

“Get up, and check school closings.” As soon as those words were out of his mouth, I was out of my bed, and on the computer. I stared down at the keyboard as my eyes tried to make out the letters. I finally typed in http://www.wxyz.com/default.aspx and clicked on the button that said “school closings”, and then again on the button that said “Wayne county.” Sure enough, about halfway down I read “Livonia Public closed.” Yes, I thought to myself, sleep.

“Dad”, I called, “There’s no school.”

“Okay, wake your Mom up and tell her.” I walked out of the computer room, down the hallway and into my parents’ room.

“Mom,” I whispered as I gently shook her. “There’s no school today.”

“What? Okay, go back to bed. Thank you.” She said half asleep. I went back up the stairs, into my room, and climbed in my bed under all of my warm blankets. Suddenly I was wide awake, unlike any other school day, and it was only 5:30 in the morning. I think it was like six in the morning when I finally ended up falling asleep. The next thing I knew it was ten. I was well rested, for the first time in a long time, and I was ready to go hang out with my friends.

I rolled out of my bed, and jumped in the shower. When I got out, I did my hair and make up and put in a load of laundry. Then I called Corey who invited me to come over and go sledding with him and our friend Eric. I called my Mom and when she said yes, I called Corey back telling him to meet me halfway. I was walking since we only live like a half of a mile apart.

On my way, I realized that everyone was at work and did not get the chance to shovel their sidewalk yet. Therefore I had to walk in seriously like two feet of snow. I finally made it to Corey’s with Eric and the three of us hung out all day. We went sledding, and when we were done we hung out in the basement, talking, laughing, and listening to music. It was the best snow day that I had had in a long time.

1 comment:

  1. You did a really nice job translating your exitment about the snow day into the story!

    ReplyDelete