Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Day to Remember


As I walked into the park, what I saw amazed me. It was just like the movies. The huge castle was gleaming as the sun shone down upon it. Characters danced around each other under the bright blue sky. I was in the Magic Kingdom in Disney World.
All of the sudden, Mickey and Minnie mouse danced off the stage, all the way to where I was standing. They grabbed both of my hands and pulled me up to the castle. The next thing I knew, I was wearing a beautiful blue dress as I danced with Prince Charming. I was Cinderella, the princess. We danced and danced for hours while crowds of people were watching.
When it finally got dark, a worker showed me the room that I would be staying in. It was the room in the tower of the giant castle. I was amazed, and I could not believe that this was really happening. I set my stuff down, and started jumping on the bed. When I got tired, people brought me my favorite food...pizza. After feasting on all the pizza I could eat, I finally went to sleep. That night, I slept better than I ever had before. I awoke to a beautiful sunrise, filled with all different shades of pinks, purples, and blues.
Before I had time to blink, I was already back in my blue dress dancing with Prince Charming again. Then, the parade started. We rode around the park in a horse drawn carriage. The two horses were white, and had shimmering tails and manes. I looked out into the crowds, with a huge smile on my face, waving like a true princess. As my second day of living in Disney World started to come to an end, Prince Charming and I rode off in the sunset together, and we lived happily ever after. The End.

5 comments:

  1. outstanding description! this made me feel like I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, I know exactly how you felt when you saw the castle for the first time. I also lived happily ever after with a prince, so I understand how you felt then too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how you added that you became Cinderella and you were dancing with Prince Charming for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good use of description, it made it feel very real!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work! I could feel like I was there, good descriptions!

    ReplyDelete