Friday, May 7, 2010

My Birthday


In a couple of weeks, I will turn fifteen. This year, my cousin Andrea and her husband Greg have invited some of my friends and I to come and stay the weekend with them. They live in Pinckney, Michigan and they live on a lake. Over the summer my sister and I spent the weekend with them and it was a lot of fun. They took us out on the boat and we spent the day out on the lake. I had a lot of fun and I can not wait to do it again, but this time with my friends.

Last time, my mom and dad drove us out there at like ten in the morning on Saturday. We met Andrea at a gas station. Then, she took us to the grocery store and we got to pick out any snacks that we wanted. We got pop, chips, and candy. They tasted so good. When we got to her house, we all got ready to go out on the boat. We put on our bathing suits and grabbed our snacks. Before I knew it I was tubing in the middle of a huge lake. It was a blast. I was a little scared though since I had not gone tubing since I was like eight. I stayed on for awhile, but then Greg made a sharp turn which made me tip off of the tube. It was so much fun and a could not wait to go again.

I also tried knee boarding, and it was the hardest thing that I’ve ever tried doing. I would lay down on the board and then when we got going fast enough, I was suppose to get up on my knees. I could get one knee up, but not the other. The force from the wind made it extremely difficult.

For lunch that day, we ordered pizza from a pizza place that was right there on the lake. We docked the boat, got our pizza, and went back out in the middle of the lake to eat. Pizza is my favorite, so I really enjoyed it.

I had an amazing time that weekend, and my birthday this year is going to be one of the best yet. I think it’ll be really fun with my friends there and I think that they will have as much fun as I did. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment