Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Power of One

I thought that the movie The Power of One was an amazing movie. Out of all of the movies that we have watched in Global Ed, this movie by far, is my favorite. I honestly really liked it, and I would definitely watch it again if I ever had the chance. In the beginning of the film, when P.K. was seven, I did not really understand why P.K. was sent away to school. While he was at this school, he was harshly picked on by the older boys there, just because he was of the English decent. It upset me how the adults at this school, knew that he was being bullied, but they didn’t really do anything to prevent it from happening again. Just because he had an accent, did not mean that he had anything to do with what was going on in the country at that time. It was difficult to watch the older boys pee on P.K. and to watch them hang his chicken. Another part of the film that I did not like watching was towards the end, when Geel Piet was beaten to death. P.K. and Geel Piet were very close. Geel Piet was the reason that P.K. became such an amazing boxer. He taught P.K. everything he knows about the techniques of boxing. I admire P.K. because is extremely brave. At the concert that was held for the prisoners, he had them sing things like “They are cowards”, talking about the prison guards. I wish I could be more like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment