Friday, January 1, 2010

Holiday Traditions

For Christmas, we have many traditions. My mom always makes her famous peanut butter balls. They’re her specialty. She mixes peanut butter, sugar, and other ingredients to create this dough type stuff. Then, my two sisters and I always help her roll it into dozens of little balls. When we are done, my mom dips them in chocolate and puts them into the refrigerator. After they get cold, we are allowed to eat them. They taste absolutely amazing! Sort of like a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, but better.

On Christmas Eve, my Grandpa comes over, and my mom makes a prime rib, which is my absolute favorite. We usually eat salad, rolls, prime rib, bake potatoes, and extremely buttery corn. For desert we eat French Silk pie. It’s my dad’s favorite. After desert we give my Grandpa his presents. Then, two sisters and I get to open two presents from my mom and dad. One of them is usually something that’s the same like, pajamas or something.

We spend Christmas day with my dad’s side of the family. My dad has seven brothers and sisters, so there are so many of us, that no one wants to have everyone at their house, so instead… we go bowling. Everyone brings some sort of food to pass around. We get a banquet room, eat, and then bowl a couple games. After bowling, we go to my aunt’s house. The adults play cards, while the kids usually play wii. It gives everyone the chance to hang out together, and bond.

No comments:

Post a Comment